This Blog is a work in progress. Glad your here though!

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Crock pot Shepherd's Pie

Crock pot Shepherd's Pie

Ingredients:
3 cups leftover mashed potatoes
1 lb ground beef (or turkey)
2 cloves of garlic
2 cup frozen veggies
1 medium onion, chopped finely
1/2 tsp seasoned salt
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 cup water 2 cups shredded cheese

Directions:
Brown Meat & onion on stove, drain fat. Toss meat with the spices and garlic.

Spray the inside of your crock pot with cooking spray. Put the meat in the crock pot and stir in the veggies and a cup of water. Add two cups of cheese on top. Press the mashed potatoes down on top of the cheese and meat.

Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for about 3 hours, then remove the lid and cook on high for 30 minutes to release condensation and allow the potatoes to brown a bit on top.

I've made this once because I had some left over potatoes. It was pretty good but I think I just had some broccoli and it really needed to be mixed veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Comments let me know that you're here and reading my blog. Thank you! Camille